Saturday, June 2, 2007

Totally Exhausted!

Well after a rought night with no sleep, we managed to get to the zoo at almost 11am!! Samantha woke up at 2am and didn't really go badk to sleep for about 4 hours....very rough! Anyway we only saw about half of the zoo in the 6 hours we were there. We did see the aquarim and the desert dome and those were loads of fun. It did rain on us off and on but we managed to be in sheltered areas when it did. Luckily it never lasted more than 10 minutes at a time! John is now swimming with the kids while I stayed here to put Samantha to bed. That was an easy job. I somewhat caught up with my boards so now I can do the TS daily blog challenge!! Today we are to blog about a childhood memory. Hmm...I have so many and I am not sure which one to share!

Some of my favorite memories were when I was in Indiana staying with my grandparents. We did this every summer and we would stay for nearly a month. One year, we were there at the same time my cousins from Texas were there. Oh the fun! We would walk down a path through the cornfield, then through the woods, crossed over a creek, and then ran past a cow that wasn't so nice just to go swimming at my uncle's swimming pool. Oh and the Deer flies would eat us up on the way so we had to cover ourselves with these huge bath sheets to protect us. We would swim for hours if Grandma would let us. We made this journey every day too! It saddens me to no end that grandma's house isn't there anymore, the pool is filled in and soon my uncles house will be gone (which happens to be where my mom grew up!) They still live on farms but just in different locations so I can't take my kids there and share with them my fondest memories. I will have to do a book for them just so they can live it through my memories!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

What a great idea doing a book for them to share in your memories! I might have to do that too!!!