Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

Today has been a very short day!! We had plans to have a picnic and then do our traditional visit to the cemetary. Well John and I did some laundry this morning and we were just to slow to go and have a picnic! So we went and had bagels at Panera Bread instead. We then went to price chopper to get our carnations. In the past we bought 3 dozen at 99 cents each. Well this year the carnations looked crappy so we bought these really fun, bright daisys for $7.99 a bundle and we had well over 2 dozen in each bundle!! They were so pretty. We headed to our favorite cemetary and place a flower on all the veteran graves. You see.....we have no family here and John and I are both from military families so this is our little way of saying thanks. We love doing it and the kids enjoy it too. I was bummed because after we put down flowers, I like to take pictures and such. Well it started to rain so no pictures this year. I did get a few while they were laying down the flowers so I am good. Now I am off to work! I will have to type up my challenge when I am there if it isn't too busy!

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

What a wonderful way to commemorate them!! I love this idea!