Monday, May 28, 2007

What Journey Means To Me

Treasured Scrapbooking is starting a new blog challenge and today's challenge is to blog what JOURNEY means to me and give an example from our lives. My mind is racing because there are so many ways I can go with this. As much as I hate to do this I am going to go with the one example that keeps running in my mind. First off, when I think of a journey, I think of an adventure that has ups and downs, road blocks, good times and bad times.... all with a goal at the end. I am going through so many different journeys and I am at different stages in each. The one I am going to share is one that I have the most difficult time sharing with people. It is my weightloss journey. I have always been a heavy person. I was the biggest in my class all through school. It really didn't bother me too bad until recently only because I had a brief experience of what it was like to be a normal size! You see...I joined Weight Watchers shortly after I had my second child. I was on it biefly before I got pregnant so I wanted to continue after he was born. 2 years later I was down 92 pounds. I hit a major plateau and stayed there for over 4 months. Then the holidays hit and I gained a little back. No biggie. Then I maintained for a long time. I forget how long. Then I slowly started to gain it back because I started to not care. Big mistake! Well...John and I decided we wanted one more child and boom....it happened really quick! I was very, very sick the entire pregnancy and did more sleeping than anything! So I packed on more pounds but within reason. Samantha was born in October...right before all the holiday foods started in. She ended up very colicy and cried all the time. Sleep deprovation and frustration set in and all I did to deal with it was eat. So now....7 months later...I have put almost everything back on. I look at all the pictures of me and it just saddens me. I have been trying to get back into it but it is just hard. I am at the bottom of the hill in my journey and I am working to go back up hill!! It isn't easy but at least I am trying. I want that 100 lb certificate darn it!! I will get it even if I have to make my own some day.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Seeing myself as beautiful inside and out is such a huge journey for me too, I know that you can do it cause it did it once before but my biggest encouragement is that you are truly beautiful no matter what!

Kelly C said...

I struggle with this as well... I think we should all help each other with this journey!

Dawn♥ said...

I have to agree with Elizabeth! You are a beautiful person inside and out. I myself struggle with this as well. More so the last 3 years. This is a journey we can all 'hold' hands to make together!

Terri said...

Please love yourself just as you are! Enjoy each precious moment & try not to worry! Thanks so much for sharing your heartfelt journaling with us! Take good care & please try not to put so much pressure on yourself. Big hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

hugs hon, you will make it. Just do it one day at a time everything will work out.