Sunday, June 3, 2007

Safe at home

Well after another 5 hours at the zoo, we arrived home at about 8:30. We are all dead tired too. Didn't take long for the kids to go out either. They took a quick bath and went to bed with no books. Ethan has a field trip tomorrow at preschool and Anna has her first day of summer camp. Me...I am going to try and sleep and scrap! I am not even going to think about laundry until maybe tomorrow night! I am all excited to start making a mini book of all the great zoo pictures I got!!

Treasured Scrapbooking daily challenge: Our first driving lesson

I was 14 years old and all four of us were eating at pizza hut. This was probably a few weeks before my driver's ed started. We were leaving when my dad decided that I could use some practice before I went to school. There is this old country road we could take home to avoid traffic so Dad drove to the road and then I took over. I was so nervous! I did fine except for the turn right infront of our house. I was going a tad too fast and my mom let me know! Dad was calm, Travis was just laughing, but my mom yelled slow down many times and very loud! I wish I knew how fast I took it because I know I never took it that fast again! Even now I don't take that turn too fast because it is right where a dirt road and pavement meet. Easy to slide there!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That's cool your dad said you could drive!!! I don't know if my mom would of ever said that to me!!